The holy month of Shravan is known for the devotion of Lord Shiva. If Mahadev is known for being furious, then he is also the one who is pleased quickly. Devotees anoint Lord Bholenath with holy water and bel leaves to please him.
As you know that Dashanan Ravana is considered to be the biggest devotee of Lord Bholenath. Ravana, who owns the title of being the biggest villain of the mythological scriptures, had many good aspects apart from all this. Let us try to learn some such things from the life of Ravana that we all should learn.
- Ravana had kidnapped Sita but he never took advantage of his virility, he kept Sita captive for two years but never touched her. Ravana always pleaded with Sita to be his wife.
- Sita was abducted by Ravana to avenge the insult of sister Surpanakha. Ravana's reason behind doing so was, that he was performing the duty of being a brother. He did what a brother does. The only thing was that his method was wrong.
- Ravana is considered to be the biggest devotee of Shiva. It was said by none other than Lord Shiva himself that Ravana is a great devotee, even Lord Rama did not doubt his devotion.
- People used to call Ravana a very good poet, he has also written many compositions. Ravana had composed books like Tandava Stotra, Ank Prakash, Indrajal, Kumaratantra, Prakrit Kamdhenu, Prakrit Lankeshwar, Rigveda Bhashya, Ravanaiyam, Nadi Pariksha, etc.
- Ravana was a very prominent pundit and for this reason, Lord Rama had made him perform a victory Yagya. Ravana composed the Shivtandava Stotra, which is still considered the biggest mantra of Shiva worship. According to mythological texts, Ravana had knowledge of many languages.
- Ravana was called elusive because he knew magic, tantra, hypnosis, and different types of tricks. He had cheated Rama many times during the war.
- There are few people in our country who know that Ravana is worshiped in many corners of the country including Mandsaur of Madhya Pradesh because of his goodness.
- Ravana was a skilled politician, general, and master of architecture. As well as had a knowledge of many disciplines.
- Not only this, in Ramcharit Manas, Goswami Tulsidas has also written a lot about Ravana and mentioned him as a great devotee of Lord Shiva. He has also described a lot about his good qualities.
- No matter what we believe about Ravana today, but he was considered a great ruler. His kingdom used to be a happy and prosperous Ravana's Lanka. As you know, this is the reason Lord Rama had sent Lakshmana to take political tips from him. Not only this, no one had any problems in his golden Lanka. The people of Lanka were happy and satisfied with him.