Amavasya of the Krishna Paksha of this Bhadrapad month is known as Pithori Amavasya or the Kush Grahani Amavasya in the Hindu calendar. This year Bhadrapad Amavasya will be observed on September 7th, which is today. On this day, all married women fast for their husbands to live a long life. On Kush Grahani Amavasya, it is customary to visit temples and take a bath in the holy river. Tarapan on Amavasya is also performed for ancestors, and that's why Pithori Amavasya is thought to be the best for ancestor peace.
Confused about marriage compatibility? Match your Kundali here
Bhadrapada Amavasya is also unique because Kush, i.e. grass, is collected for religious works, considered very fruitful and promising. It is believed that worship is incomplete without Kush. It is a religious belief that if one's horoscope contains Kal Sarp Yog or any other problem, it can be resolved on this day of Bhadrapada Amavasya. Let's take a look at the Bhado Amavasya remedy.
1. It is said that all the obstacles that come into your life will be removed as a result of this, and you will be free of the curse of Pitra Dosh, according to traditional Hindu teachings.
2. If problems arise in a person's life, on this Bhado Amavasya, a person can donate green grass and money to a cowshed, which will benefit.
3. In Bhadrapada Amavasya, worshipping Shanidev (Shanidev Puja) is also considered exemplary. On this day, Shani Dev's worship takes on added significance. Donate items related to Shanigrih on this day, such as black sesame, mustard oil, black blankets, and so on.
4. Lighting a mustard oil lamp in the Hanuman temple on Bhado Amavasya is also considered auspicious. Therefore, it is said that the wishes are fulfilled by reciting Hanuman Chalisa in the temple and lighting a mustard oil lamp on this day.
5. After sunset on the day of Bhadrapada Amavasya, offer sugar-mixed water under the Peepal tree, and lighting five lights in a flour lamp can be beneficial. Aside from that, the desire to obtain money can be satisfied by performing 7 to 11 rounds.
6. When someone has Kal Sarp Yog in his Kundali, he can get rid of it on this Bhado Amavasya. Flowing silver snakes in the Nagini river and donating are effective ways to get rid of Kaal Sarp Yoga. Rahu-Ketu causes the fault of Kaal Sarp Yog in one's horoscope.
7. The cows in their herd can be fed curd and rice on this day by people who are suffering from a weak moon. This will give them a sense of security and ultimately peace of mind
8. On this day, you could perhaps complete the Tulsi Parikrama a total of 108 times.
Read More Vastu benefits of keeping fish aquarium at home