Kartik Purnima has great importance in Hinduism. It is believed that on this day Lord Shiva killed a demon named Tripurasur. That is why it is also called Tripuri Purnima. On this day the deities lit lamps in happiness. Another name for Kartik Purnima is Ganga Snan. According to the belief, if you take a bath in the Ganges on this day, then you will get its fruits throughout the year. No person should live without taking a bath on this day. This is the reason that on this day a lot of crowd is seen in Kashi and Ganga Ghats.
This time the festival of Kartik Purnima is on Friday, November 19, 2021. Guru Nanak Dev Ji, the founder of Sikhism, was born on the day of Kartik Purnima. Kartik Purnima is also known as the festival of lights.
Kartik Purnima will start on 18th November 2021 at 12:00 noon. After this, the date of Kartik Purnima will end on November 19, 2021 at 2:26 pm. At the same time, the time of moon exit will be at 5:28 pm and 24 seconds.
Kartik Purnima is celebrated exactly 15 days after Deepawali. It is also called Dev Deepawali. It is said that on this day the gods themselves come to the earth and celebrate the festival of Diwali. On the day of Kartik Purnima, lamp donation is also very important. Kartik Purnima is the day to please all the deities. This is the reason that people take the blessings of the deities by donating lamps on this day.
Read everything about the longest Lunar eclipse of the year
On this day Lord Vishnu and Mother Lakshmi are also worshiped by law. By doing some work on this day, you can please Lakshmi Maa and get her blessings.
Let us know what are the 10 things that you should do on the day of Kartik Purnima.
1.Clean your house thoroughly on the day of Kartik Purnima. The house should not remain untidy on this day. It is a belief that if your house remains clean on this day, then Goddess Lakshmi will come to your house.
2. On this day the doors of your house should be decorated with garlands of flowers.
3. On the day of Kartik Purnima, you should make a sign of Swastik in front of the door of your house.
4. On this day, worship of Lord Vishnu and Mother Lakshmi must be done according to the law.
5. Donating rice, milk and sugar on this day is considered auspicious. Throw some of these things in the river also. By doing this, you will get inexhaustible virtue.
6. It is very important to see the moon on the day of Kartik Purnima. Along with this, offer bhog of sugar candy to the moon.
7. Donating a lamp in the river on this day is considered auspicious. However, if you are not capable of donating a lamp in the river, then you can donate a lamp in any temple near your house.
8. It is believed that donating cow on the day of Kartik Purnima gives a lot of merit. That is why on this day, if possible, donate at least one cow.
9. On Kartik Purnima, lamps are also lit in homes. It is believed that lighting a lamp in the house removes all the problems and brings happiness and peace in the house.
10. If possible on this day, you must take a bath in the Ganges. This will give you special results. It is believed that on the day of Kartik Purnima, there is a rain of nectar from the sky. To get this nectar, devotees go to bathe in the Ganges. On this day you should take a holy bath in Brahmamuhurta. If you cannot take a bath near the Ganges river, then take a bath by pouring Ganga water on your body at home.
Kalava or Sacred thread in hand should be changed only on special days, know about the days