Budhashtami is one of the most auspicious festivals celebrated by Hindus across the country. The festival is welcomed with full devotion to please Lord Shiva and Goddess Parvati. As per the Hindu beliefs, keeping a fast on Budhashtami will bring prosperity to your life & house.
As per the Hindu lunar calendar, Budhashtami is observed on Ashtami, which is the eighth day of the Shukla Paksha and Krishna Paksha month, if the day is falling on Wednesday, 02 June 2021.
Significance of Budhashtami
The significance of Bhudhashtami vrat is stated In the Hindu scripture (Brahmand Purana). As per the Hindu beliefs, the devotees who will keep this fast will get free from their sins, not only that but Even the sins from previous births are also redeemed. on the day of Bhudhashtami Devotees also worship Lord Shiva, Goddess Parvati & Dharmaraj. The people who are facing the negative effects of Budha Grah, as per their horoscope, keep this fast as this will remove the dosha and its negative effects from their lives. Keeping Bhudhashtami vrat, & worshiping Lord Shiva and Goddess Parvati with utmost devotion, will bring peace and positivity in the lives.
Also Read:- Lal Kitab - Complete Guide
Budhashtami 2021: shubh mahurat & time
Sunrise: June 02, 2021 5:44 AM
Sunset: June 02, 2021 7:04 PM
Ashtami Tithi Begins: June 02, 2021 12:46 AM
Ashtami Tithi Ends: June 03, 2021 1:13 AM
Budhashtami 2021: puja vidhi
- On the day of Budhashtami wake up early in the morning and take bathe in a holy river, If there is no river near your house, then take bath by mixing a bit of gangajal in the water.
- then, fill Ganga water in a pot and place it in a puja room in your house.
- also, read the story of Budhashtami Along with the worship of Budh Dev on Budhashtami.
- After taking the pledge of the fast, duly worship goddess Budh Dev.
- the fast keeper must make 8 types of dishes & offer Bhog to God by keeping the dishes in bamboo leaves on the day of Budhashtami.
- This bhog should consist of some fruits, flowers, incense, etc. & this will also be offered to the goddess. After finishing the puja the bhog which is offered to God should be distributed among all family members.
- worship Lord Shiva and Parvati on the day of Budh Ashtami as it is considered as most important.
- On the day of Budh Ashtami, your house should be clean enough. As per the scriptures, Lord Ganesha is also worshiped on this day.
- Worshiping Lord Ganesha on the day of Budh Ashtami is also considered auspicious.
Budha Astami Puja Mantra - Chant this mantra for the auspicious results.
ऊं बुधाय नमः, ऊं सोमामात्मजाय नमः
ऊं दुर्बुद्धिनाशनाय, ऊं सुबुद्धिप्रदाय नमः
ऊं ताराजाताय,ऊं सोम्यग्रहाय नमः
ऊं सर्वसौख्याप्रदाय नम:।
Consult the Best Astrologers in India only on MyJyotish Expert for detailed information on Your Planets, zodiac signs and horoscope !!