If you feel like eating something spicy during the fast, then bhel of Makhane can be a good option. It is delicious as well as very nutritious.
Fruitsharing has its own unique fun during Navratri fast. Everyone likes to eat delicious vegetables, fruits and various kinds of prasad cooked in Ghee. But, for a long fast of nine days, one has to think at least once to eat something different in a fruitful diet every day. Eating the same thing many times makes everyone bored. Now you do not need to think about what different to eat because for nine days we will tell you about a number of fruitful diets, which are for sure very easy to make as well as very tasty to eat. Today we have for you this special recipe of 'Makhane Ke Bhel'.
- Three cups Makhana (As per requirement)
- Two teaspoons native ghee
- A spoonful of lemon juice
- Red chilli powder (if eaten in fast)
- Three tablespoons peanuts
- A tomato finely chopped
- Two teaspoons green chutney
- A spoonful of tamarind chutney
- A cucumber finely chopped
- Half apple sliced
- Rock salt as per taste
- Heat the ghee in a pan and fry the Makhane in it.
- When the Makhane is crispy, take it off the heat
- While frying the Makhane, add rock salt along with it.
- Add roasted peanuts, chopped tomatoes, green chilies to the fried Makhane. Mix well
- Add green chutney, red chutney, chopped cucumbers, apples to the mixture and mix it well.
- If you want, you can add your favorite fruits like pomegranate and grapes.
- Your delicious spicy Makhana Bhel is ready.