This time Navratri is starting from 7th October 2021 which will end on 14th October. During these nine days, nine forms of Maa Durga are worshipped. This festival has special significance in Hinduism. It has special significance in our Hindu religion. People of Hindu religion living in different parts of the world celebrate the great festival of Navratri twice a year to get the ultimate blessings of Adi Shakti Maa Jagadamba. Chaitra Shukla Pratipada is celebrated on Vasant and Ashwin Shukla Pratipada on Sharadiya Navratri with full devotion and gaiety. Today is the sixth date of Shardiya Navratri. Maa Katyayani, the sixth form of Maa Durga, is worshiped on this day.
In our country, because Navratri is one of the important festivals, on such an occasion, you can do many such things that will please the mother, as you all know that the mother is very dear to the color red, that is why you can paint the place of the mother with red color. You can decorate, you can offer red flowers as well as you can do many such things which will please the mother. One can also recite Mother’s text, Saptashati and Durga Chalisa.
What should you do during Navratre:
- Buckwheat flour, samari rice, water chestnut flour, sago, rock salt, fruits, potatoes, nuts, groundnut should be eaten during fasting.
- One should worship the Mother Goddess after taking a bath in the Brahmamuhurta. Goddess Maa is pleased by worshiping before sunrise.
- Nine goddesses should be offered according to the day and worship them according to the law.
- According to the nine goddesses, flowers should be offered to them. This pleases the Mother Goddess.
- Twenty-four thousand Gayatri mantras should be chanted in nine days.
- Tulsi, sandalwood and Rudraksh garlands should be used for chanting.
- A person fasting during Navratri should not cut his beard, mustache or hair.
- The house should not be left empty after the installation of the Kalash.
- Satvik food should be taken for nine days. Do not consume non-veg and garlic, onion during this time.
- A person fasting should not consume grains during the fast.
- According to Vishnu Purana, one should not sleep during the day during Navratri fast.
- Consumption of alcohol is strictly prohibited during fasting.
- Consumption of tobacco during the fast does not give the fruits of the fast.
- Having a physical relationship during the fast does not give the fruit of the fast.
- Women should not worship during menstruation.
- Worship is prohibited for seven days of menstruation.
Check out the benefits of different ingredients used during the Havan of Navratre:
- Performing havan with nutmeg brings fame.
- The work is accomplished by raisins.
- Amla brings happiness.
- Lakshmi is attained by performing Havan with wheat.
- Kheer gives family growth, Champa flowers bring wealth and happiness.
- Amla gives fame and banana gives birth to a son.
- Lotus gives royal respect.
- Desired object is obtained from Khand, Ghee, Coconut, Honey, Barley, Sesame and fruits.