According to religious and mythological beliefs, thirteenth day of every month is considered to be as Trayodashi. On this day Pradosh fast is kept and Lord Shiva is also worshiped on this day. When Trayodashi Tithi falls on Saturday, it is known as Shani Pradosh.
Why Shani Pradosh is different from the rest of the Pradosh Tithis:-
Trayodashi date along with, the day Saturday, we can observe Shani Pradosh. Its considered different and also auspicious because of the day Saturday as on this day it has benefits of both Shani dev and lord Shiv, so because of having double benefits it is considered more auspicious and different from the usual Pradosh tithi. Fasting of Shani Pradosh is believed to please Lord Shiv as well as Shani Dev as he will removes all our troubles.
Get the complete guide for Pradosh Vrat - Worship method, ways, importance, etc, by just One CLICK here !!
Importance of Shani Pradosh Vrat :-
Pradosh Vrat is worshiped in Pradosh Kaal that is time after the sunset, that is why Pradosh Vrat is being held on Saturday 24 April, because from today evening Trayodashi tithi is begining. It is believed that after keeping the fast of Shani Pradosh, one should donate the things related to Saturn. By doing this, you get relief in Saturn's sadhesati (half-century) and dhaiya. At the same time, some people keep the fast of Pradosh for the attainment of children.
Trayodashi Tithi and Puja Muhurta-
Vaishakh Trayodashi Tithi starts - 08 May 2021 from 05 to 20 minutes
Vaishakh Trayodashi date ends - 09 May 2021 at 07:30
Pooja Timings - 08 May to 7:00 pm 09:00
The total duration of the puja will be 02 hours 07 minutes.
Pradosh Vrat is worshiped during Pradosh period, hence Pradosh Vrat will be done on May8.
Keep fast and worship like this during Shani Pradosh:-
In scriptures and mythological texts, Shiva is considered to be the adoration of Shani Dev, hence worshiping Shani in Pradosh fulfills all your desires and also gives relief in the condition of Shani. It is also considered important to recite Shani Stroth in Shani Pradosh.
1. Take a bath and wear clean clothes early in the morning on the day of Pradosha fast and do abhishek of Lord Shankar and Mata Parvati.
2. Then offer bell-leaf, Bhang, dhatura, flowers, diya and naivedya.
3. Also offer cloves, cardamom, akshat, paan and betel nut to God and also offer perfume.
4. If Pradosh falls on Shaniwar, put sesame oil in the steel bowl and see your face in it and pray and meditate to Shani Dev.
5. Then donate this oil to the Dakota. Along with this, you can also donate black urad dal, black sesame and barley.
6. On this day, by feeding black cow and black dogs sweetened bread with oil, your sleeping fortune awakens.**
Talk to the Best Astrologers in India on MyJyotish. Click here to Consult now !!