Shri Krishna Janmashtami, the birth of Hindu God Krishna is falling on Monday, 30 August this year. It is believed that Shri Krishna, the 8th incarnation of Lord Vishnu was born on the 8th in the month of Bhadrapad. It is an annual Hindu festival also known as Gokulashtami and Krishnashtami. Shri Krishna was loved by everyone around him, he gave equal respect and love to each relationship he had with others.
Read on to find some interesting facts about his relationship with others that will amuse you.
- It is believed that Shri Krishna's great grandmother and stepmother Rohini's mother- Maarisha (मारिषा) was of Naag jyati.
- To save Shri Krishna from Kansa during his birth in jail, it was destined that he will be exchanged with Yashodaputri, named Ekansha (एकानंशा). Today, she is worshipped as Vindhyavasini (विंध्यवासिनी) Devi. She was also known as Yogmaya.
- Kansa killed Krishna's six brothers. It is believed that Yogmaya transferred his seventh brother into Vasudev's second wife's womb, that is in the womb of Rohini. Therefore, Balram is considered as his stepbrother as well as a real brother.
- Arjun and Krishna were best of friends but Arjun was also the son of Krishna's bua, Kunti hence he was his brother as well. Another interesting thing is that Arjun was also the husband of Shri Krishna's sister Subhadra (सुभद्रा).
- As Kunti was Vasudev's sister and Krishna's bua, Kunti's first son Karan (कर्ण) was also the brother of Lord Krishna.
- As we know the mythology, that Krishna killed his uncle (मामा) Kansa. He also killed his brother Shishupal, who was the son of his second bua.
- Draupadi and Shri Krishna shared a unique and intense bond. Krishna respected Draupadi as his sister.
- Shri Krishna gave knowledge to Arjun-Subhadra's son Abhimanyu and even saved the life of Abhimanyu's son when he was in the womb of his mother.
- Shri Krishna also shared a great bond with his guru as well. Sandipani was the guru of Shri Krishna. His ashram was located in Ujjain. Other gurus who gave him knowledge were Vedvyas, Naaminath, Ghor and Garg rishi, and Angiras.
- We all have heard cute childhood stories of Shri Krishna. He was very naughty in his childhood and had many friends. Some of them with whom he played were Sudama, Vishal, Bakul, Rasaal, Bhadra, Sadanand, Makranand etc.
- Very few people know that Duryodhana and Shri Krishna were in-laws. Duryodhana's daughter Laxmana was married to Shri Krishna's son Saamb.
- Shri Krishna had 8 wives, namely Rukmani, Bhadra, Kalindi, Satya, Jaambvanti, Satyabhama, Laxmana, and Mitrabinda.
- We all know that Shri Krishna loved Radha, but couldn't marry her. Apart from Radha, her eight friends too loved him. They were: Lalita, Sudevi, Tungvidya, Rangdevi, Champakali, Indulekha, Chitra, Vishakha.
- The Names of Shri Krishna's brothers were Balram, Gad, and Neminath.
- The names of Shri Krishna's sisters were Subhadra, Ekangana ,and Draupadi.
Jupiter is the Guru of all the Gods, know how to make it stronger in your zodiac.