People are increasingly understanding the value of fasting in their lives, and it is becoming fashionable to fast on specified weekdays. Continue reading to learn more about the significance of fasting on Thursdays and how it might benefit your family's happiness and tranquilly.
Every day of the week is dedicated to one of the Hindu Gods or Goddesses, according to Hindu mythology. Lord Vishnu is honoured on Thursday, which is also known as Vrihaspativar. People love to wear yellow clothing on that day because yellow is the colour of the day, and they fast all day.
Thursday Vrat participants eat only once a day for the rest of the day and read or narrate stories that are only told on Thursdays.
Contact our well known Astrologers for more information on Plamistry and Predictions. Call us now. Click here!!
Let us consider the importance of fasting on Thursdays.
- On Thursday, those who perform pooja and Vrat are blessed with prosperity and happiness.People who are looking for life mates will benefit from this Vrat since they will be able to find their suitable companions.
- Observing the Thursday fast brings great happiness to married couples and removes all impediments from their lives.Goddess Laxmi aids and strengthens a person's and his or her family's financial situation.
- Thursday fasting is done to improve a person's health and that of his or her family members, as well as to ensure the family's longevity. Thursday fasting is thought to bring perfection into a person's life, as well as salvation and self-satisfaction.
- Only Thursday fasting is thought to provide spiritual and physical advantages to the devotee.In the lives of family members, there is peace, happiness, and success. A person who fasts on Thursday has no fear of foes, and no one is capable of harming a fasting person in any way.
- It is possible to get spiritual fulfilment in life without putting forth a lot of work.If unmarried guys and girls fast on Thursday, they will find the mates of their dreams.Evil spirits and dark magic have no effect on those who fast on Thursday.
- Apart from religious and spiritual benefits, fasting one day a week helps to preserve physical equilibrium in the body and ensures that at least one day a week the person is mindful of what and how much he or she consumes.
- Fasting, on the other hand, can help you connect with the divine while also providing numerous health benefits.
- Those who have tried every feasible weight loss regimen should consider fasting on Thursday. They will gain a significant advantage and achieve the intended goals more quickly and for a longer period of time.The fast aids in maintaining mental and sensory control.Throughout the day, fasting makes you feel more energised and light.
- When fasting, Hindus believe that all stimulation should be limited. You should also make an effort to be silent throughout the day.
- The main goal of fasting on Thursdays is to feel light and comfortable when meditating. All those who fast on Thursdays with a pure heart get their wishes granted.
- The first Thursday of any month's Shukla Paksha can be used to begin a Thursday fast. You should bathe early in the morning, dress in yellow, and offer yellow flowers to Lord Vishnu and Lord Brihaspati. People do not remember God in luxurious days, which is one of the key reasons why Rishis and Sadhus urged on fasting.
- They only think about God when they are in distress. As a result, if people fast on Thursday, they will remember Lord Vishnu at least once during the week, which will benefit and reward them
Story related to Observance of fast on Thursdays’
It is a story of ancient times – There was a king who was very powerful and munificent he use to observe fast on every Thursday and offer worships. This was something his Queen detested very much neither she observed fasts nor did she give a single paisa in charity. She used to forbid the king also from doing so. Once it so happened that the king went to the forest to hunt wild game, there were only the Queen and her maids in the palace. Meanwhile, Guru Brihaspati donned in the disguise of a saint, came to the palace to collect alms. When the saint asked the Queen to give alms she said. “O Saint! I am fed up of making charities tell me some way by means of which all this wealth comes to an end and I may live comfortably”. Brihaspati God in disguise of saint said “O Devi you are very strange is there anyone on earth to whom children and wealth become the cause of their plight? If you have a lot of money you may perform auspicious deeds with it and this will keep you happy in this world and in heaven both”. But the saint’s sermons did not make the queen happy she said “I don’t want such wealth which I may have to give to others in charity or I may have to waste all my time taking care of it”.
The Saint said If this is what you wish, Do as I say, On Thursday’s smear your house with cow dung, apply yellow clay to your hair while washing it and take bath at the same time, take meat and wine during meals, give your clothes to washer man for washing and if you do this for 7 consecutive Thursday’s, all your wealth will be destroyed saying this Brihaspati God in guise of a saint, vanished.
Hardly three consecutive Thursday’s had passed, acting on the advice of the saint that all the wealth of the queen was destroyed. The family began starving. One day the king said to the queen “O Queen! You stay here and let me go to some other country so that I may earn my livelihood engaging myself in ordinary jobs in my own country wont suit my status”. Saying this king set out to some other country. There he began earning his livelihood by cutting firewood from forest and selling these in the town.
The queen and her maids had begun feeling the absence of the king. Once when the queen and her maids had to starve for seven continuous days the queen said to one of her maids “My sister lives in the nearby town she is very wealthy go and bring something from her so that we may manage our meals for a few days”. The maid went to the house of queen’s sister it was Thursday. The queen’s sister was listening to stories related to Brihaspati God the maid conveyed the message to the queen to her but she gave no reply. The maid was greatly aggrieved to get no reply from the queen’s sister she also became very angry. The maid returned and told everything to the queen the helpless as she had become began cursing her fate.
On the other side the queen’s sister thought – “My sister’s maid had come and getting no reply from me, she must have been terribly aggrieved”. So after listening to stories related to Brishaspati God and having offered her worships, she came to the palace of the queen and began saying “O sister! I was observing fast in the worship of Brihaspati God. Meanwhile, your maid happened to come, but since, during the period while one is listening to the stories related to a deity, one is neither supposed to speak nor is one supposed to leave the place of worship. I too had to observe silence. Now please tell me why you had sent your maid to my house”
The queen said “Sister! I had sent my maid to your house because we had nothing to eat” and saying these eyes welled up with tears. She told her sister how she had been starving along with her maids. The queen’s sister said “Look, Brishaspati God fulfills everyone’s wishes go and look inside you may find grains somewhere in your palace”. Hearing this one of the maids went inside to check and found a pitcher full of grains in a corner. The maid was greatly surprised as she had checked all the vessels and pitchers earlier and they were all empty. She came and informed the queen of her finding the maid said to the queen “O queen! In a way we can say that we observe fast when we have nothing to eat so why not inquire from your sister about the method of observing this fast and then we too shall observe fast”.
On the advice of her maid, the queen inquired from her sister about observance of fasts in the worship of Brihaspati God. Her sister said “During observance of fast in worship of Brihaspati God once should offer Gram pulses and raisins to the root of Banana tree and worship Lord Vishnu”/ Take meals prepared with yellow materials and listen to stories related to Brihaspati God. This pleases the deity and he fulfills all wishes”. Having given details of method regarding observance of fasts and offering worships the queen’s sister returned home.
ALSO READ-Why is Half Circumambulation (Parikrama) of a Shivling done ? Know the reason
The queen and her maid both decided that they would definitely offer their worships to Brihaspati God, so after seven days they observed fast. They went and collected Grams and Jaggery from the stable and offering gram pulses to root of banana tree. They worshipped Lord Vishnu, Now from where to get meals prepared with yellow materials? They became very sad, but since they had observed the fast, Brihaspati God was pleased with them he came in the guise of a very ordinary person with two platters full of meals made of yellow materials, in his hands. He handed it over to the maid and said “O maid! This is for you and your queen, both of you should take it”. The maid became very happy to get the food; she came and told everything to the queen.
And since then both began observing fasts and offering their worships to Brihaspati God. With the kind blessings of Brihaspati God they began prospering once again. But the queen again became very lethargic like she was before. Then her maid said “Look queen! earlier too you used to be very lethargic and it was a painful job for you to take care of your money and wealth and this is the reason why you lost all your wealth and now when we are prospering again with the blessings of Brihaspati God you are being lazy like earlier times, it is with great difficulty that we have regained our prosperity and so we must make charities now. Now you should give food to the starving, arrange water for thirsty travelers, make charities to the Brahmins arrange construction of wells ponds tanks of water temples and schools for imparting knowledge arrange marriages of unmarried girls. I mean to say that you should start spending for good causes and this will bring name and fame to your family, ensure entitlement to heavenly abode for yourself and your ancestors will also be pleased”.
Acting on the advice of her maid the queen began spending for good causes which earned her a very good name,
One day the queen and her maid began thinking “God knows how the king is and under what circumstances he is surviving” they offered prayers to Brihaspati God with great devotion. “Wherever be the king, may he return the soonest”?
On the other side the king, in a foreign land, was leading a very sad life; he would bring firewood from the forest every day and manage his living with great difficulty by selling it in the market of the town. One day remembering his good old days he became very sad and began weeping,
Just then Brihaspati God in the guise of a saint came and spoke to the king. “O woodcutter why is it that you are sitting alone in this desolate forest? What is it that worries you? Tell me”.
Hearing this kings eyes welled up with tears he offered his situations to the saint and narrated his plight. Saints are very kind at heart he said to the king “O king your wife had committed a crime against Brihaspati God and it is because of that crime that you are undergoing these problems you need not worry now God will give you more than what you possessed earlier Look your wife has already begun observing fasts on Thursdays now you too should take gram pulses and jiggery, put them in a mug full of water and offer to worships to banana tree with it. And after this either narrate the stories related to Brihaspati God or listen to it, God will fulfill all your wishes“.
Hearing he saint speak thus the king said “O Saint it is with great difficulty that I earn my livelihood by selling firewood I am not able to save single paise form my earnings last night I saw my queen in great mental distress in my dream, it’s in no way possible for me to know her wellbeing then apart from this I have no knowledge of any story related to Brihaspati God, How would I narrate the stories?”.
The saint said “O king determine yourself to observe fasts and offer worships to Brihaspati God he himself will lead you Go to the town to sell firewood on Thursdays like other days you will earn twice as much the amount you will earn will be sufficient to buy you meals and material for the worship of Brihaspati God and the story related to Brihaspati God is”Also Read: Know about the Astrological causes of eye disease and its remedies
Jupiter beej mantra
The Jupiter beej mantra is ideal for daily chanting. This beej mantra, which is the seed mantra, contains concentrated power and should be chanted 108 times each day. This brings good fortune, success, financial stability, wealth, and fulfilling personal relationships. The beej mantra is Om Gram Grim Graum Sah Gurave Namah.
Also Read: How to recognize the Wealth of Sin and Virtue