1. Deep Daan: The importance of donating a lamp is in the month of Kartik. On this day, lamps are donated in holy rivers, in temples. Along with this, lamps are also left in the sky. This work starts from Sharad Purnima and continues till Kartik Purnima. In this month, lamps are donated in rivers, ponds, ponds etc. This leads to the attainment of virtue.
2. Tulsi is worshiped in Kartik and Tulsi leaves are eaten. This makes the body healthy. After getting up in Brahma Muhurta, water is offered to Sun God and Tulsi plant. Tulsi plant is donated in Kartik. Although it is preferable to consume and worship Tulsi in every month, but in Kartik, the importance of Tulsi worship has been considered manifold.
3. Sleeping on the ground: In the month of Kartik, sleeping on the ground is said to be the third most important task, it has special significance. By sleeping on the ground, there is a sense of sattvikta in the mind and other disorders also end.
4. Prohibited to apply oil- Oil should be applied on the body only once in the month of Kartik on the day of Naraka Chaturdashi (Karthik Krishna Chaturdashi). It is forbidden to apply oil on other days in the month of Kartik.
5. Prohibition of eating pulses- Eating pulses is considered taboo in the month of Kartik. Pulses ie urad, moong, lentils, gram, peas, mustard etc. should not be eaten.
6. Observance of Brahmacharya- The observance of celibacy in the month of Kartik is said to be very important. If it is not followed, the husband and wife feel guilty and its inauspicious results are also obtained.
7. Keep restraint- Those observing the fast of Kartik month should behave like ascetics i.e. speak less, do not criticize or dispute anyone, keep restraint on the mind etc.