Sita Navami 2021: shubh mahurat (date & time)
Janaki Navami Date: May 21, Friday
Shubh Tithi Begins: 12:25 pm, May 20
Shubh Tithi Ends: 11:10 am, May 21
Sita Navami: Puja Vidhi
1. Wake up early in the morning, take a bath and wear clean clothes.
2. Collect all the samaghri (items) such as flowers, prasad, new clothes & everything required for the puja.
3. Bathe Lord Rama and Goddess Sita and make them wear new clothes.
4. Put some sandalwood tilak, offer flower, dhoop, and bhog to deities
5. Also, Recite Sita Navami Vrat Katha, and at the end conclude the puja with aarti.
It is also, said that if during puja devotees will wear 12-Mukhi rudraksha beads on their hand or around the neck then, then it will purify their inner self and strengthens the willpower.
Importance of sita Navami
On this day, Goddess Sita, (Avatar of goddess Laxmi), was born in Pushya Nakshatra. As per Hindu mythology, when King Janaka of Mithila was working on the land to conduct the yajna, he found a baby girl in a golden basket. As he did not have any child, so he adopted that baby girl as her daughter and named her Sita. Also, since then she is the daughter of Janaka, who is widely known as Janaki.
To know more about your Horoscope, Astrological Predictions, Life, Career and Love life Consult our Astrologers now !!!