This year it is falling on Saturday, 28 August. On this day, women keep a fast for their children, for their good health and longevity. Read on to know more about Shri Krishna's brother, Balram, who was always standing beside Krishna to support him.
- Balram was the seventh son of Devki, as Kansa wanted to kill all the sons of her sister. It was destined that Yogmaya would transfer Balram from the womb of Devki to Rohinis' womb.
- It is believed that Balaram was pulled from Devki's womb and then transferred to Rohini's womb. For this reason, he is also named Sanksharan ( संकर्षण).
- He was known by the name Balram because he was the strongest of the strong.
- His shastra was Hal, which an ordinary person cannot even pick up easily.
- Subhadra was Balram's real sister.
- Since childhood, Balram ji was a quiet disciplined child. Shri Krishna always respected him and took extra care of his needs.
- Shri Krishna killed Shankhchurn (शंखचूड़) and gifted his crown to Balram as a token of love and respect.
- There is a famous temple in Mathura, named Dauji (दाऊजी) dedicated to Shri Balram.
- Balramji had good relations with both Pandavas and Kauravas, so he refused to take a stand on either of the sides during Mahabharata.
- Balram left his soul from his body, after the Mosul war, sitting on an asan near the sea coast.
Know the right muhurat of Janmashtmi